On August 27, PNVSCA launched the 2021 National Volunteer Month (NVM) celebration with the theme “Volunteer Now: Spark Hope, Create Solutions, and Respond to the Pandemic Challenges.” The NVM celebration is held every December pursuant to Presidential Proclamation no. 55, series of 1998, with a series of different activities, such as fora, summits, contests, and recognition ceremonies.
1. PNA – House approves anti-child marriage bill
2. Inquirer – Why sexual health matters
3. Rappler – Sexual health: The road less traveled
1. ABS- CBN News – Number of young fathers rising in the Philippines, says Popcom
2. Manila Bulletin – Population issues in a pandemic world
3. Manila TImes – Philippines has 8M FP users amid Covid’s barriers on sexual health
The Commission on Population and Development (POPCOM) vows to pursue appropriate strategies and interventions ensuring every Filipino family will have the capacity to enhance their quality of living amid increasing population numbers and a surging pandemic. It plans to achieve such by working together with relevant partners, stakeholders and the academe, covering the whole of government, as well as the public and private sectors.
With about 1.6 million Filipinos added annually to the country’s population in the last five years, the Commission on Population and Development (POPCOM) recently urged the government to implement far-reaching and holistic approaches to further strengthen population and development programs on the ground.