In line with the celebration of International Men’s Day, the Commission on Population and Development, in partnership with the City Population Management Office (CPMO) of General Santos City, conducted a KATROPA session among the members of the General Santos City Men’s Organization last November 18-19, 2021 at Tierra Montana Hotel, General Santos City. A total of 30 participants attended the said activity.
As part of the celebration of Population and Development Week, the Department of Health (DOH), Commission on Population and Development (POPCOM), Department of Education (DepEd), National Youth Commission (NYC), United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and the World Health Organization (WHO) today launched a joint campaign for adolescent health and development, including adolescent sexual and reproductive health concerns.
As family planning continues to gain ground nationwide, and family sizes stabilize at two to three children, the Philippine government must now turn to other important development aspects of the country’s population—particularly the “living wages” necessary for parents to responsibly fulfill their role as heads of their families.
1. Business Mirror – Popcom program grants cash aid to teen moms, children in Ormoc
2. Philippine Canadian Inquirer – Ormoc, PopCom formulate protection program for young mothers
3. PTV News – Ormoc City first to respond in implementation: PH-wide social protection program for teen moms, their kids starts rollout
1. PhilStar – House ratifies child marriage ban
2. Marianas Variety – Philippine Senate backs bill to raise sexual consent age from 12 to
3. CTN News – Philippines to Finally Raise Age of Consent from 12 to 16-Year-old